Tinto logo
Pregnant mum of 3

Has anyone experienced stomach muscles separating after birth?

Yes! It's called diastasis recti. You definitely want to seek some guidance from a programme designed specifically for this issue or seek the help of a pelvic floor therapist.

I have the Sharny and Julius pelvic floor and core online programme to help me start to heal this after my last pregnancy. I am currently three months postpartum and I have it.


I’ve met lots of mums this has happened to! It’s called diastasis recti, it is quite common. I would get yourself referred to a physiotherapist so they can determine the severity of it, very rarely it needs operating on to fix.