What would you recommend for postpartum recovery?
This might be more detail than you wanted, but I figured I’d share it all so you have it handy later if you need it:
My favorite postpartum perineal care items:
- Sitz bath for toilet seats: https://amzn.to/2X15MZz
- Frida Mom Sitz Bath Tablets: https://amzn.to/3nbzh5R
- Frida Mom Upside Down Peri Bottle: https://amzn.to/3hdk3cJ
- Frida Mom Kit (with perineal foam): https://amzn.to/2Vm0G9B
- Tucks Pads: https://amzn.to/3DWoCBV
- Dermaplast Perineal Spray: https://amzn.to/3jNqvca
- Medline Perineal Ice Packs: https://amzn.to/3l1RobG
Things to know:
- Using a peribottle to rinse area with warm water will make urinating more comfortable!
- Sitz bath soaks will help soothe, cleanse/clean, and promote healing.
- Avoid positions that put tension on the perineal tissue (I.e. cross-cross-applesauce and squatting).
- Perineal ice pads, Dermoplast spray, witch hazel foam, etc can improve your comfort level while caring for baby until healed.
- If you’re trying to increase activity or exercise and you experience tearing/tension pain or increased bleeding/discharge = that activity is too much. Slow down and let your body heal.
- If you have pain when cleared to resume intercourse or use tampons, it could be your scar tissue needs manual mobilization, which a pelvic physio can help you with!