Hey, how do I manage bad morning sickness and nausea?
Hiya! I had awful morning sickness too. It is trial and error and what works for some might not work for others. I found a few things really helpful, some of them are a bit random but I will list everything:
- First of all acupressure anti-sickness bands (you can get these on Amazon).
- Diffused peppermint essential oil (although research essential oils as some can’t be used in pregnancy).
- I also used to buy Original source peppermint shower gel tto shower with and I even found it helpful just to put in a bowl of warm water and leave in the bedroom with me.
- If you can try to find something gentle to eat in the morning like a muffin or even one slice of toast, that will help. Often I used to just have a glass of orange juice by the side of my bed for when I woke up (anything refreshing is usually a winner).
- Fresh air! Even though I’d feel like it was the last thing I wanted to do, often a walk made me feel better. It takes your mind off it (hard I know because it’s so bloody awful) but also just some fresh air can help. Windows open at night will make the room nicer in the morning too.
- Mio Liquid Yoga Space spray is so lovely and refreshing. I used this in labour too.
- Tisserand Total De-Stress spray, massage body oil and roller for pressure points was realy helpful.
- Sherbet lemons! Herbal cough sweets and mints!
- Drink as much water as you can it will help and it's important for baby even though it’s horrible to do anything when you feel so sick.
- Sleep as much as you can as this will help so much too!
- Just eat what you can when you can. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself as it’s hard when you feel sick. I just made sure I took my multivitamin everyday and had at least a smoothie or something.
I’m sure there are other things I did, if I remember anything else I will message you. I hope it doesn’t last too long for you because it truly is horrible! But just keep remembering it’s all for a good thing! Looking back now I would repeat that stage a 100 times over again to get my baby girl. She’s worth everything but at the time it’s hard! You’re doing really well!