First time packing for a short weekend trip with my seven month old. Need advice on must haves! I know I am missing something and I can’t seem to work it out. Mums, please help!
I would suggest travel cot (including travel mattress), blackout blinds, self-sterilising bottles such as MAM or microwave sterilising bags, your usual nappy bag, a few buggy, a few outfits in case of accidents, and weaning things such as bibs, food pouches, snacks.
Oh sounds fun! I would be inclined to pack the whole house! But as a rule I just categorise so as to not overpack. These could help:
- Enough nappies
- The stuff that goes with: cream, wipes, bin bag, nappy changing mat
- Stuff that goes with: bowl, spoons, bottles, milk powder, steriliser, thermos, washing sponge, enough bibs, wipes
- Clothes for day and night plus spares
- A hat for the sun!
- Sun cream
- Body wash
- Toys, including teething toys, books and any favourites
- Dummy, if you use one
- Teething gel/granules
For carrying baby and sleeping items:
- Pram (with plastic cover in case it rains)
- Travel cot
For you, if applicable :
- Breast pads
- Nipple cream
- Breast pump
- Bottles for milk storage
- Water bottle
- Car Seat
- Monitor and charger
- Calpol (just in case)
OK hope that helps... also if you forget anything, don't worry! You will always find a way to make things work!
I understand it can be a lot to pack so remember there are also shops if you need anything your forgot!
Have an amazing weekend!